VERY RARE! 1990s ethereal Shawn Ray Fons Dark navy blue slip dress. Hemline is flared and features five layers of ruffles. Sleeveless with spaghetti straps and low straight back. Matching sheer open front jacket with dramatic long flowing sleeves and a wide royal blue ribbon tie neck. Lovely in its subtlety. And probably retailed for somewhere between $2500-1200 in the 1990s!
In 1996, the famed Washington Post fashion editor, Robin Givhan, gave Shawn Ray Fons' (33 years old at the time) collection rave reviews. In her review she said Fons' "fabrics are luxurious, sensual and expensive. And they look it. He chooses cashmere, duchess satin, silk velvet and chiffon. His satin wrap dresses cross daintily at the side and are cinched with a matching ribbon. Pockets are hand-stitched, for instance. Pieces look so delicate and fragile you think that if you gaze too long and hard at them, they'll simply slip away from the body.... While the clothes hark back to the work of Balenciaga and other great couturiers, they are utterly modern. And expensive. A ball gown can retail for $3,000."
Size: Unmarked (see dimensions below)
**Please check the dimensions provided below before purchasing. Vintage clothing sizes often fit much smaller than modern sizes**
Dimensions (clothing is measured flat and un-stretched):
* Bust: Overlay: 19”/Dress: 16.5
* Waist: Overlay: 19”/Dress: 17”
* Hips: Overlay: 29”//Dress: 20
* Length: Overlay: 29/Dress: 31.5”
* Other: Overlay Sleeve: 20”/Dress Strap: 6”
Maker: Shawn Ray Fons
Color: Navy Blue
Origin: Unmarked. Made in USA
Condition: Excellent. Pristine.
*Outer: Unmarked. Silk Chiffon.
Find my etsyshop loaded with vintage finds at:
For both vintage and high end contemporary finds go to:
* Lipstick Girl Vintage (LGV) is a smoke-free, pet-friendly environment. Garments and other items are handled and stored in a pet-free, restricted area, however there is a potential for exposure. Due to the age of the items, LGV cannot guarantee against any previous contact with smoke or other allergens.
* All items are vintage and pre-owned. We disclose any flaws we may find, however, it is possible that a flaw has been accidentally overlooked. We will offer a refund only if an item has been largely misrepresented.
* Please note that Lipstick Girl Vintage regularly sells items of historical significance, and, from time to time, some of these items might be considered controversial in nature. Lipstick Girl Vintage endeavors to offer these items for sale as sensitively as possible, by trying to balance our abhorrence for cruelty and respect for the important historic nature of many of these garments. What we wear, and how that has changed over time, is part of our story.
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Request a cancellation within: 3 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The confidentiality of my customers is important important to me. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.