Vintage 1973 early disco era full length dress and matching jacket. Black and white/silver lurex fabric. One piece empire waist halter top dress with great draping. Bodice has black and white/silver stripes on the diagonal. Halter top secures with ties at neck. Nearly backless with metal zipper closure. Jacket has notched lapel, two patch pockets and a gathered sleeve at shoulder for shape. I know the exact date because I wore it myself in 1973 when I was Master of Ceremonies of my high school Variety Show. Went all the way to Waukegan, IL to get this special outfit to wear for the show. Big deal back then. Also wore it to a very unfortunate winter formal:)
Marked Size: 9
**Please check the measurements provided below before purchasing. Vintage clothing sizes often fit much smaller than modern sizes.**
Dimensions (clothing is measured flat and unstretched):
* Bust: Jacket 16” (doubled = 32") Dress 19” (doubled = 36”)
* Waist: Jacket 15” (doubled = 30") Dress 14” (doubled = 28”)
* Hips: Jacket 18” (doubled = 36") Dress 18” (doubled = 36”)
* Length: Jacket 26” Dress 60”
* Other: Sleeve 20”Brand/Designer: Created by Mindy Malone Inc.
Period/Year: Purchased new in 1973.
Origin: Unmarked. Likely Made in USA.
* Dress: Unmarked. Likely Lurex.
* Lipstick Girl Vintage (LGV) is a smoke-free, pet-friendly environment. Garments and other items are handled and stored in a pet-free, restricted area, however there is a potential for exposure. Due to the age of the items, LGV cannot guarantee against any previous contact with smoke or other allergens.
* All items are vintage and pre-owned. We disclose any flaws we find, however, it is possible that a flaw has been accidentally overlooked. We will offer a refund only if an item has been largely misrepresented.
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Request a cancellation within: 3 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The confidentiality of my customers is important important to me. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.