1940s vintage beaded and sequined black silk crepe or rayon cocktail/evening dress. Classic 1940s style dress with nipped waist and inset short sleeves. What makes it unique is the second wrap/overlay skirt with iridescent jet and bugle bead accents. Same beaded and sequined accents on cute little breast pocket! Another unique feature is the matching self belt that closes IN THE BACK!! Black metal zipper ("Made in USA" CROM?). Unlined. You've gotta look at the closeup shots to really appreciate the subtle, special details on this dress!. In super condition!
Marked Size: Unmarked (See Dimensions)
**Please check the measurements provided below before purchasing. Vintage clothing sizes often fit much smaller than modern sizes.**
Dimensions (clothing is measured flat and unstretched):
* Bust: 18” (doubled = 36")
* Waist: 14" (doubled = 24")
* Hips: 18" (doubled = 36")
* Length: 48" Brand/Designer: Unmarked
Origin: Unmarked. Likely Made in USA
Condition: Very good. A few loose threads and beads. No discoloration, snags or tears. Remarkably well preserved!
* Dress: Unmarked. Likely silk crepe.
* Lipstick Girl Vintage (LGV) is a smoke-free, pet-friendly environment. Garments and other items are handled and stored in a pet-free, restricted area, however there is a potential for exposure. Due to the age of the items, LGV cannot guarantee against any previous contact with smoke or other allergens.
* All items are vintage and pre-owned. We disclose any flaws we find, however, it is possible that a flaw has been accidentally overlooked. We will offer a refund only if an item has been largely misrepresented.
* Please note that Lipstick Girl Vintage regularly sells items of historical significance, and, from time to time, some of these items might be considered controversial in nature. Lipstick Girl Vintage endeavors to offer these items for sale as sensitively as possible, by trying to balance cruelty and endured with the important historical nature of many of these garments. What we wear, and how it has changed over time, is part of our story.
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Request a cancellation within: 3 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The confidentiality of my customers is important important to me. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.