Heirloom Rare 1970s black vintage St. John Knit by Marie Gray dress. Classic St. John "Ventana" knit with mock turtleneck, long sleeves, original matching black satin belt with rhinestone and gold tone accents (possibly 22 kt gold electroplate). Exquisite gold and copper beading and sequins in a Greek key pattern applied to on neckline and foldover ENCRUSTED cuffs. Below the knee. Hidden back zipper. Kick pleat in back. Unlined. Oh so perfect for the holiday season! And as classic and elegant today as it was in the late 70s--and will be in another 40 years! Pass this one down to your daughter and she'll thank you for it!
Marked Size: 10 (see dimensions).
**Please check the measurements provided below before purchasing. Vintage clothing sizes often fit much smaller than modern sizes.**
Dimensions (clothing is measured flat and unstretched):
* Bust: 17” (doubled = 34")
* Waist: 14.5" (doubled = 31")
* Hips: 16" (doubled = 32")
* Length: 42"
* Other: Sleeve: 22, Kick Pleat: 7, Belt: 32.5
Brand/Designer: St. John by Marie Gray
Origin: Made in USA
Condition: Very Good. see close up skirt. one tiny pinhole that I have highlight by putting a green neon post-it inside the dress so easily seen. So tiny! And either easily repaired or undetectable if wearing black hosiery or a black slip underneath!
* Dress: Unmarked. Wool & Rayon Ventana knit. Sequins. Beads. Rhinestones. Silk belt. Likely 22 kt gold electroplate.
* Lipstick Girl Vintage (LGV) is a smoke-free, pet-friendly environment. Garments and other items are handled and stored in a pet-free, restricted area, however there is a potential for exposure. Due to the age of the items, LGV cannot guarantee against any previous contact with smoke or other allergens.
* All items are vintage and pre-owned. We disclose any flaws we find, however, it is possible that a flaw has been accidentally overlooked. We will offer a refund only if an item has been largely misrepresented.
* Please note that Lipstick Girl Vintage regularly sells items of historical significance, and, from time to time, some of these items might be considered controversial in nature. Lipstick Girl Vintage endeavors to offer these items for sale as sensitively as possible, by trying to balance cruelty and endured with the important historical nature of many of these garments. What we wear, and how it has changed over time, is part of our story.
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Request a cancellation within: 3 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The confidentiality of my customers is important important to me. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.