1980s (early) STUNNING silver, gray, white and iridescent sequined and beaded Frederick and Nelson sweater. Hand beaded and sequined (and probably hand-loomed) in the Crown Colony of Hong Kong. Totally covered in sequins on a cream knit base. Clear, iridescent beads cover the entire sweater with beading in silver gray and white beads form a cable pattern running vertically on both front and back. Long sleeves with metal zipper running the entire length of the back of the sweater with zipper pull having three stars and reading "USA." Cuffs, collar and hem trimmed with five alternating rows of silver gray and white beads. Beautifully finished and detailed hem with 2" side slits on both sides. Fully lined.
Frederick & Nelson was a Seattle, WA based department store open from 1890. With several branches it flourished through the 1970s but began to flounder in the 1980s and by 1992 all stores had been closed. A match to this sweater (in black and silver) was sold by Saks Fifth Avenue in their prestigious "Park Avenue Room" and attributed to the 1960s. I can't confirm that myself.
Brand/Designer: Frederick & Nelson Sportswear
Marked Size: Unmarked (see Dimensions)
**Please check the measurements provided below before purchasing. Vintage clothing sizes often fit much smaller than modern sizes.**
Dimensions (clothing is measured flat and unstretched):
* Bust: 19.5” (doubled = 37")
* Waist: 19.5" (doubled = 37")
* Hips: 20" (doubled = 40")
* Length: 21.5"
* Other: Sleeves: 18.5/Side Slits: 2"
Origin: Hand Made in British Crown Colony of Hong Kong
Condition: Very good. A small series of missing sequins on one shoulder (see photos) and some random stains on the lining (see photos) but these are not visible while wearing.
* Dress: 100% wool base. Sequins and beads
* Lining: Unmarked. Likely synthetic.
* Lipstick Girl Vintage (LGV) is a smoke-free, pet-friendly environment. Garments and other items are handled and stored in a pet-free, restricted area, however there is a potential for exposure. Due to the age of the items, LGV cannot guarantee against any previous contact with smoke or other allergens.
* All items are vintage and pre-owned. We disclose any flaws we find, however, it is possible that a flaw has been accidentally overlooked. We will offer a refund only if an item has been largely misrepresented.
* Please note that Lipstick Girl Vintage regularly sells items of historical significance, and, from time to time, some of these items might be considered controversial in nature. Lipstick Girl Vintage endeavors to offer these items for sale as sensitively as possible, by trying to balance cruelty and endured with the important historical nature of many of these garments. What we wear, and how it has changed over time, is part of our story.
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Request a cancellation within: 3 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The confidentiality of my customers is important important to me. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.