1970s Collectors Alert!! Vibrant Yves Saint Laurent "variation" lime green, marine blue and black wool plaid skirt suit. This suit has such a "Hi I'm Princess Kate Out At Balmoral for Hunt Weekend" vibe and reminds of something Princess Diana would have worn at Balmoral. Totally luxe fabrics. The plaid is absolutely beyond! Jacket has elasticized/gathered back that adds shape. Two side slit pockets on the jacket as well as 5 button front closure.
Padded, exaggerated shoulders sez 1980s but my research of the tags reads "1970s" and that makes this an unbelievable find! Skirt has 1 inch waistband, side hidden zipper and button tab closure. Back kick pleat. Metal Zippers. Puffed look to inset sleeves with large cuffs. Fully lined in black. Happy to provide additional photos and details if requested.
Brand/Designer: Yves Saint Laurent variation
Origin: Made in France
Color: Lime green/Marine blue/Black
Marked Size: Unmarked (see dimensions)
**Please check the measurements provided below before purchasing. Vintage clothing sizes often fit much smaller than modern sizes.**
Dimensions (clothing is measured flat and unstretched):
* Bust: 18.5” (doubled = 37")
* Waist: 15.5" (doubled = 30.1")
* Hips: 18" (doubled = 36")
* Length: 28"
* Other: Sleeve: 19
* Waist: 13" (doubled = 26")
* Hips: 15" (doubled = 30")
* Length: "
* Other: Kick Pleat: 8.5
* Dress: Likely Wool
* Lining: Likely Silk or rayon
* Lipstick Girl Vintage (LGV) is a smoke-free, pet-friendly environment. Garments and other items are handled and stored in a pet-free, restricted area, however there is a potential for exposure. Due to the age of the items, LGV cannot guarantee against any previous contact with smoke or other allergens.
* All items are vintage and pre-owned. We disclose any flaws we find, however, it is possible that a flaw has been accidentally overlooked. We will offer a refund only if an item has been largely misrepresented.
* Please note that Lipstick Girl Vintage regularly sells items of historical significance, and, from time to time, some of these items might be considered controversial in nature. Lipstick Girl Vintage endeavors to offer these items for sale as sensitively as possible, by trying to balance cruelty and endured with the important historical nature of many of these garments. What we wear, and how it has changed over time, is part of our story.
1-2 business days
Request a cancellation within: 3 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The confidentiality of my customers is important important to me. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.