c. 1989 RARE Carolyne Roehm for Saks Fifth Avenue Paisley Silk Gown and Jacket with accessories. This extraordinary ensemble is one of a rare collection from Roehm's label only produced from 1986-1991. Made of the finest silk in tones bronze, amber and teal blue the sleeveless dress is full length, cinched at the waist with a gold tone and amber crystal oversized button. The unlined skirt is elegantly gathered at the waist with a 46" (lying flat) sweep and the hem. The dress has a deep v neckline, racer/tank cut (?) bodice with a high standing collar/lapel. The bodice is quilted. Accompanied by a quilted jacket in a larger paisley with round, padded shoulders, shorter (? jewel length?) sleeves and a back peplum. The jacket has a low scoop neck, three gold-tone and amber crystal buttons and is fully lined in the same silk fabric. Matching fabric belt has two of the same buttons. Accompanied by a long matching silk scarf.
This ensemble is so versatile and can be worn in so many ways. The hippie goes High Street vibe is so chic!
Roehm began her fashion career working for Oscar de la Renta as an assistant and model before becoming an assistant designer. Roehm later became a fashion designer in 1985 at the age of 34. Her husband invested millions of dollars into the brand. She abruptly shut down the line in 1991.
Carolyne Roehm designed for the upper crust of NY society, and she socialized with them as well, so her quality and design were always the best and most tasteful.
Maker: Carolyne Roehm
Size: US 8
**Please check the dimensions provided below before purchasing. Vintage clothing sizes often fit much smaller than modern sizes**
Dimensions (clothing is measured flat and un-stretched):
* Bust: Jacket: 18" /Dress: 17"
* Waist: Jacket: 16.5"/Dress: 13.5"
* Hips: Jacket: 20" /Dress: 21" (free flowing)
* Length: Jacket: 24"/Dress: 58"/Scarf: 102" /Belt: 28"
* Other: Jacket Sleeves: 16"/Skirt Sweep: 46"
Origin: Made in USA/ILGWU Label
Era: Late 1980s/c. 1989
*Outer: 100% Silk
*Lining: 100% Silk
Find my etsyshop loaded with vintage finds at:
For both vintage and contemporary finds go to:
* Lipstick Girl Vintage (LGV) is a smoke-free, pet-friendly environment. Garments and other items are handled and stored in a pet-free, restricted area, however there is a potential for exposure. Due to the age of the items, LGV cannot guarantee against any previous contact with smoke or other allergens.
* All items are vintage and pre-owned. We disclose any flaws we find, however, it is possible that a flaw has been accidentally overlooked. We will offer a refund only if an item has been largely misrepresented.
* Please note that Lipstick Girl Vintage regularly sells items of historical significance, and, from time to time, some of these items might be considered controversial in nature. Lipstick Girl Vintage endeavors to offer these items for sale as sensitively as possible, by trying to balance our abhorrence for cruelty and respect for the important historic nature of many of these garments. What we wear, and how that has changed over time, is part of our story.
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Request a cancellation within: 3 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The confidentiality of my customers is important important to me. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.