Spectacular 1990s does 1970s wool plaid skirt suit by Lorena Conti Paris. This suit was made in France and it shows. The era is somewhat of a mystery because Lorena Conti existed from approximately 1977 to 2006. The style is TOTALLY 1970s from the jacket's VERY wide notched lapel to the length of the jack and the skirt. However, the sequins on the skirt suggest it's newer.
The plaid pattern is predominately lavender with really cool hits of lime, light blue and brown. The jacket has long lines and a slight equestrian/safari style with side hip pockets with very detailed flaps (see photos). the jacket is double breasted with very wide notched lapel. 4 light lavender wood look button front double breasted closure and a self tie belt. No vent. Fully lined in lavender.
Below the knee skirt has a hidden back zip on YKK zipper with lavender metal pull. Narrow waistband and long lean lines. The wow factor comes from the subtle green iridescent sequins that follow the lines of the plaid pattern of the skirt. Back kick pleat. Skirt has a pink mesh lining. So cute!
Maker: Lorena Conti Paris
Size: Unmarked (see dimensions).
**Please check the dimensions provided below before purchasing. Vintage clothing sizes often fit much smaller than modern sizes**
Dimensions (clothing is measured flat and un-stretched):
* Bust: Jacket: 19”
* Waist: Jacket: 17” Skirt: 15”
* Hips: Jacket: 19.5” Skirt:19”
* Length: Jacket: 29.5” Skirt: 25.5”
* Other: Sleeve: 21” Kickpleat:5”
Origin: Made in France
Era: 1990s does 1970s?
Condition: Excellent. Like New!
*Outer: 45% Polyester/30% Wool/25% Acrylic/Sequins
*Lining: Umarked. Likely Synthetic.
Find my etsyshop loaded with vintage finds at:
For both vintage and contemporary finds go to:
* Lipstick Girl Vintage (LGV) is a smoke-free, pet-friendly environment. Garments and other items are handled and stored in a pet-free, restricted area, however there is a potential for exposure. Due to the age of the items, LGV cannot guarantee against any previous contact with smoke or other allergens.
* All items are vintage and pre-owned. We disclose any flaws we find, however, it is possible that a flaw has been accidentally overlooked. We will offer a refund only if an item has been largely misrepresented.
* Please note that Lipstick Girl Vintage regularly sells items of historical significance, and, from time to time, some of these items might be considered controversial in nature. Lipstick Girl Vintage endeavors to offer these items for sale as sensitively as possible, by trying to balance our abhorrence for cruelty and respect for the important historic nature of many of these garments. What we wear, and how that has changed over time, is part of our story.
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Request a cancellation within: 3 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The confidentiality of my customers is important important to me. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.