Very, very rare! And so MOD! This is really an extraordinary find in amazing condition! Bert Geiger Campioni Inc. 1960s MOD dress, matching jacket and flowing scarf! Quality in every single stitch!
This super MOD wool dress is short-sleeved with a mock turtle neck and drop waist. Skirt has two inverted pleats in front and in back. Fully lined in what I believe to be taupe silk.
The jacket is long-sleeved and hits at approximately the length of the drop waist on the dress. It has a small notched collar and the most amazing Courreges-style rounded seaming of the pockets with buttons in the center. Front top button closure with three hidden snap closures below. the jacket is fully lined in the same exquisite taupe silk.
Long heavy silk crepe matching scarf that can be worn so many different ways!
ILGWU Label. Beautifully designed, constructed and inn marvelous condition!
Bert Geiger is an American designer who got his start as an apprentice to Mainbocher. Even back in the 1960s his dresses sold for $100s!! Still kickin' it at 94, you can find him on Facebook or read his fascinating autobiography "Always in Style."
Size: Unmarked (see dimensions).
**Please check the dimensions provided below before purchasing. Vintage clothing sizes often fit much smaller than modern sizes**
Dimensions (clothing is measured flat and un-stretched):
* Bust: Coat: 19”/Dress: 17”
* Waist: Coat: 18”/Dress has dropped waist. Measured at true waist: 16.5”
* Hips: Coat: 20”/Dress: 19”
* Length: Jacket: 24"/Dress: 24"
* Other: Sleeves Coat: 18”/Sleeves Dress: 5.5”
Scarf: 88” x 7”/Sweep pleats pulled out: 44”
Maker: Bert Geiger Campioni Inc.
Origin: Made in USA. ILGWU Label.
Condition: Very Good to Excellent for it's age. A few moth nips on back of jacket (see photos). Light soil mark on one sleeve (barely detectible).
*Outer: Unmarked. Wool.
*Lining: Unmarked. Coat: Silk/Dress: Synthetic
Find my etsyshop loaded with vintage finds at:
For both vintage and high end contemporary finds go to:
* Lipstick Girl Vintage (LGV) is a smoke-free, pet-friendly environment. Garments and other items are handled and stored in a pet-free, restricted area, however there is a potential for exposure. Due to the age of the items, LGV cannot guarantee against any previous contact with smoke or other allergens.
* All items are vintage and pre-owned. We disclose any flaws we may find, however, it is possible that a flaw has been accidentally overlooked. We will offer a refund only if an item has been largely misrepresented.
* Please note that Lipstick Girl Vintage regularly sells items of historical significance, and, from time to time, some of these items might be considered controversial in nature. Lipstick Girl Vintage endeavors to offer these items for sale as sensitively as possible, by trying to balance our abhorrence for cruelty and respect for the important historic nature of many of these garments. What we wear, and how that has changed over time, is part of our story.
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
The confidentiality of my customers is important important to me. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.