RARE!! The craftsmanship of this 1990s Italian made beaded on silk ensemble far exceeds any of the other vintage beaded dresses I've seen! Fully and heavily beaded silk sleeveless dress with matching jacket with Deco-era flare. Deep navy beaded background with a brown-ish gold-ish acanthus pattern accented with sequined navy rondels. The dress is sleeveless with a V neck and back with a fit and flare silhouette. The hemline has a bit of a flutter to it.
The matching jacket is long sleeve with a heavily padded shoulder. It has 6 bead-encrusted button front closure. Hidden side zipper on dress. Both jacket and skirt are fully lined in silk. Tags read: Client Number: 0097690001 Gruppo GFT SpA, Torino. I believe the number 4,750.00 is the original price -- and a clear sign that this is something VERY special!
Gruppo GFT (Gruppo Finanziario Tessile) competed at the highest level of the luxury market constructing garments just one step below haute couture. The Gruppo GFT Divisione Donne (Women's Division) was located in Turin, at They severed their ties with Ungaro in 1998 so this garment pre-dates that event. Ungaro launched its fragrance of the same name in 1993 so it's likely our garment was made sometime between 1993 and 1998.
Maker: Emanuel Ungaro Paris Ombre de la Nuit (Shadow of the Night)
Size: Us 10 (see dimensions).
**Please check the dimensions provided below before purchasing. Vintage clothing sizes often fit much smaller than modern sizes**
Dimensions (clothing is measured flat and un-stretched):
* Bust: Dress: 18” / Jacket: 18”
* Waist: Dress: 16” / Jacket: 15”
* Hips: Dress: 21” / Jacket: 18”
* Length: Dress: 39.5” / Jacket: 24”
* Other: Dress Sweep: 34” flat/ Jacket Sleeve: 19.5”
Color: Navy/Blue/Golden Brown
Origin: Made in Italy
Condition: Excellent. A few loose threads and beads at top of zipper area (see photo).
*Outer: 100% Silk with Beading
*Lining: 100% Silk
Find my etsyshop loaded with vintage finds at:
For both vintage and high end contemporary finds go to:
* Lipstick Girl Vintage (LGV) is a smoke-free, pet-friendly environment. Garments and other items are handled and stored in a pet-free, restricted area, however there is a potential for exposure. Due to the age of the items, LGV cannot guarantee against any previous contact with smoke or other allergens.
* All items are vintage and pre-owned. We disclose any flaws we may find, however, it is possible that a flaw has been accidentally overlooked. We will offer a refund only if an item has been largely misrepresented.
* Please note that Lipstick Girl Vintage regularly sells items of historical significance, and, from time to time, some of these items might be considered controversial in nature. Lipstick Girl Vintage endeavors to offer these items for sale as sensitively as possible, by trying to balance our abhorrence for cruelty and respect for the important historic nature of many of these garments. What we wear, and how that has changed over time, is part of our story.
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Request a cancellation within: 3 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The confidentiality of my customers is important important to me. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.